Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thumbs Up for SARBA Show!

Thumbs up for Defiance, too! 
My husband doesn't like rabbits so much, but even he was excited at this weekend's SARBA Show in Seguin.  

Our girl, Defiance, won BOB in Show A!  We were so proud that she was able to win her first leg.  She's our first homegrown rabbit so that made it extra sweet. 

There were Angoras everywhere this weekend and it was so great to see that.  There were 8 English Angoras, 17 Satin Angoras, and 5 French Angoras...Wow! 


Here's the results:
Show A (Judge Mike Withrow)
English Angora BOB: Brian and Kelly F. (Defiance's first leg!)
English Angora BOS: Danielle N.
French Angora BOB: Michael and Linda F.
French Angora BOS: Michael and Linda F. 
Satin Angora BOB: Dana F.
Satin Angora BOS: Dana F.

Show B (Judge Loyd Morgan, Jr.)
English Angora BOB: Sasha M.
English Angora BOS: Danielle N.
French Angora BOB: Michael and Linda F.
French Angora BOS: Michael and Linda F.
Satin Angora BOB: Dana F.
Satin Angora BOB: Dana F.


Dana and Sasha showing how to make yarn.
Sasha and Dana gave a wonderful spinning demonstration.  They gathered quite a crowd and gained a few new Angora fans.  Their demonstration was just a little bit of what the Texas Angora Rabbit Club has planned.  It was exciting to see so many people interested. I got to see Ricardo again who gave me some great feeding tips to help my Angoras grow better.  I practiced pencil drafting with Sasha and Dana brought her Ashford spinning wheel. This was the first time I actually saw one in person.  I have to get one of those!..super cool. 




Danielle and her two pretty English Angoras
I also got to visit with Danielle and her girls again. It was good to see them and how nice their rabbits are developing. Everyone is so friendly and cooperative...a real fellowship of friends working for one goal.  Beat the Standard! What an awesome group of people and...we had a great representation of Angora rabbits.    

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! Way to go! Congrats on such a nice win with a homegrown to boot! ;-)

    I hope you can come to our A/C show in Longview this June. Would REALLY love a nice turnout of angoras there and would be so neat to see the spinning demo...that is something I myself would love to watch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!..and, yep, it was a real boost. I will pass the word about your show in Longview. A/C is super nice!...and a biggie for wool breeds in June. I'll ask to see what Sasha and Dana are up to then. They were fabulous.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! Yes, the show will be Big, its in the Maude Cobb Convention center and is our first show put on by our newly formed club, East Texas Rabbit Breeders Association. Hope you can make it. Really want to see your beautiful buns in person. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I put it on my "gotta go" list...You had me at "A/C" lol
      I'm checking with the demo ladies too. Will let you know if they are available.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)