Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter Show WrapUp

Nikon & Stonewall in Killeen TX
I have been super busy and a poor recorder of the shows I've been to this winter.  I've been to a couple and hadn't written anything :( 

Part of it is that I was in a funk. I've got growing babies too young to show. I was also down to one "always a bridesmaid" bun in coat and what I felt like was a bit of a filler.  My filler wasn't a poor quality animal at all.  He had just given himself a haircut (which meant I had to give him a haircut) a few months ago. His coat just hadn't grown out enough to be as competitive as some of the very, very nice rabbits on the table in our area.  However, lately, filler boy has been really blooming.  I'm liking him more and more each day.  I'm happy to see that he is coming into his own as he so richly deserved.


Stonewall Jackson is my hubby's rabbit.  This is per our agreement of "shadeds are named by hubby". He competed well this past weekend at the Mid-Tex RBA Show in Killeen, TX.  My friend's rabbit, Dustibunni's Nikon, and Terri's Stonewall were both looking pretty darn good. 

My hubby is always kind enough to take pictures during shows. I get so wrapped up in the event that I forget to take pictures.  He usually gets some pretty good ones.  This weekend he captured a cute shot of Stonewall and Nikon in the judging coops. I had no choice to add speech bubbles.

Here are show results from the last two shows...

Blackland Prairie RBA Show (Waxahachie, TX)
Show A (Judge Carrol Hooks)
English Angora BOB - Caylie V.   
English Angora BOS - Sasha M.
Satin Angora BOB - Kiki C.
Satin Angora BOB - Dana F.

Show B (Judge Michael Franke)
English Angora BOB - Caylie V.
English Angora BOS - Ricardo G.
Satin Angora BOB - Kiki C.
Satin Angora BOB - Dana F.

Mid-Tex RBA Show (Killeen, TX)
Friday Show (Judge Michael Franke)
English Angora BOB - Brian F.
Satin Angora BOB - Kiki C.
2nd RIS (Judge Teri Peterson) - Kiki C. **
 

Show A (Judge Connall Addison)
English Angora BOB - Brian F.
English Angora BOS - Jackie M.
Satin Angora BOB - Kiki C.
Satin Angora BOS - Dana F.

Show B (Judge Dave Kroenke)
English Angora BOB - Caylie V.
English Angora BOS - Jackie M.
Satin Angora BOB - Kiki C.
Satin Angora BOS - Dana F.   

**I'm really proud of Kiki and her rabbit, La Due's Marshmallow so they will get their own separate post. 
        



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)