Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growing Up Angora

Tricky Exposure, but I love that chocolate face!
Cimmerian and Little Sun's kits are growing up.  They're seven weeks old now and so sweet.  I can't believe how much they've grown!

Okay, don't move...
They just got their tattoos for February's show...and I confirmed that they are both does (silly me...doubting myself).


I thought I'd try to get a few pictures before they get too much bigger since I've been slipping on my "photograph the kits each week" plan. It was a big tricky with the exposure and finding the right color background, since one was dark and one kit was light, but...like Goldilocks, eventually they came out just right...or at least better.  I was surprised at how still everyone was for their session....natural posers and very patient bunnies :) However, that meant that I ended up with about thirty pictures of what look like the same picture.  
How long do we have to sit like this?

Anyhow, I've been putting them on the grooming table so they get used to it, but they're so laid back that they just sprawl out like it's naptime...which is exactly like their mother.  What a change from the Kelly/Hershey wrestling match that goes on when I put Hershey on the grooming table!  I really have to show that bunny who's the boss, but I like her diva ways so much that I sometimes just let her run amuck. 

I really love the chocolate one's ears and typey body, but I also really like the pearl's flashy color and sweet demeanor. Both bunnies have excellent crimp, too. I'm excited to see how they develop. Decisions, decisions...
Until she gets it right...ugh. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh My!! How gorgeous! You can't keep them both? Glad I don't raise that breed, none would ever leave me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! That's what my hubby is for: "Kelly, you can only keep ONE!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute. Is the white a REW? Looks like the nose and ear tips have different color, perhaps a shadow on the picture?
    Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good eye, Ricardo :). She's a lilac pearl...who I once thought was a chocolate pearl...who I once thought was a REW. Silly little thing lol! Those shaded ones sure go through a lot of changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh my goodness... CUTE! They are absolutely adorable, Kelfla! =) I don't know how I could ever make a decision! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE wonderful, Emily!..but I am a little prejudice. I think they made my decision for me, though. The chocolate whose type I liked the best has a lighter toenail than I am comfortable with. So.....I think she will go to a nice fiber home and I will keep the lilac pearl who is not too shabby of a bunny, too. I just liked the chocolate's ear carriage a little better :) Isn't that how it goes though?!

      Delete
  6. Chocolate and Lilac Pearl - what lovely colors! The black background and good lighting really shows them off beautifully. I can imagine how incredibly luxurious that baby Angora wool must be=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Lindsey's stove top bunny trick lol! I appreciated that she posted that How-To video about photographing her bunnies. And, yes, they are sooooo soft and fluffy...absolutely to die for :) I carry them around for absolutely no reason haha.

      Delete
  7. Awww. They are adorable!!! Baby Angora.... I may have to kidnap one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Thanks, I really like them too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)