Monday, May 21, 2012

Will Work For Bunny

Kiki's Satin Angora Fund Jar filling up!
My lovely daughter has been working hard.  Why?....She wants a Satin Angora. Like a lot of new Angora enthusiasts, my daughter was a bit intimidated by all that lovely wool.  But after months of Angora envy, she's figured that if I can do it...she can do it too! At this year's TRBA State Show, Kiki finally got up the nerve to ask my bunny friend Dana about her lovely Satin Angoras.  They struck a deal for a beautiful SA Dana planned on taking to convention.  What a fortunate find!  Thanks, Dana!

Using her fingers to separate the wool.


Of course, nothing in life is free so we had to ask how she planned on raising funds for this rabbit and its housing.  She laid out a plan that started with a money jar, a request for cash gifts for birthdays, and extra help for around the house.  She'll utilize a spare cage that needs only minor tweaking. She used her math skills to see how much money she'd need to raise monthly to stay on track for her goals.  So far, she's right on track.  I've very proud of her for making a plan and sticking to it!



Little Sun loves to be groomed
This weekend Kiki was out in the bunny room honing her Angora skills.  She helped me groom the rabbits and organize the room. I was so happy to have her join me for an activity that I usually do all on my own.  We had a great time chatting about rabbits, spinning, boys (eek!) and shows.  I am looking forward to going to the shows with her this fall.  I think we're going to have a great time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)