Wednesday, December 19, 2012

These Are A Few of My Favorite (Rabbit) Things...


This is probably not what Maria in The Sound of Music had in mind, but here are a few of my favorite things over the course of this year. 

Rabbitech cages:  I LOVE my Rabbitech cages! If I never live to see another drop pan, I'll be OK.  I just need another set of cages for Kiki's Satin Angoras. 

Sherwood Forest Natural Rabbit Feed: This feed is the best rabbit nutrition around IMO.  I can't wait for it to come in 50# bags. Yes, it's expensive if you have a larger herd, but my herd is small so it works for me. I choose to feed it because nutrition makes the most difference...for all of us, including rabbits. If you see me at the shows, ask about this feed.  I'll be happy to talk to you about it...and give you a small sample bag.  I'm not a representative, just a happy customer. 


Wools & Tools:  My favorite yarn shop in town where I hone my skills at knitting, crocheting and spinning yarn.  Plus, they're the only other folks in town that go ga-ga over fiber. 


Wee-Wee Puppy Pads:  I used to put pine pellets in the bottom of my carrier trays, but now I prefer 1/2 sheet of a Wee-Wee Pad  in my trays when traveling.  The post-show cleanup is so much easier. I also use the puppy pads to line  nestboxes. Wee-Wee Pads have a frequent purchase program.  Collect 10 UPC codes from your packages and mail them in to get $10 in savings back. I buy mine at Tractor Supply Stores where they're $5 for a bag of 30.

Texas Thrift Stores:  I have snagged whole packages of adult Depends (for kits in the nestbox..I know, I know), crocks, litterboxes and a ton of polyester grooming shirts that make me look like I belong on the set of That 70's show. Note: make sure to sanitize any pet supplies you get at secondhand stores...just in case.  

Rabbit/Fiber Friends: Can't complete a list of my favorite things without adding my rabbit and fiber friends (both new and old). I've learned a lot from everyone and I sooo appreciate it.  Thanks for everything :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)