Wednesday, September 26, 2012

More on Sherwood Forest NRF

My feed (Top); SFNRF Pregnant Rabbit (Bottom L); SFNRF M/S (Bottom R)
We've gone just past two weeks on my little Sherwood Forest Natural Rabbit Feed trial.  We initially started with just the Pregnant Rabbit Feed.  I felt this was a good place to start because good nutrition starts with Mama. I planned to transition the babies to the Baby Rabbit Feed, grow the kits out, and then transition to the Maintenance/Show. 

However, I was so enamored with the freshness of the pregnant rabbit feed, that I ordered a box of the Sherwood Forest NRF Maintenance/Show feed as well. I must say that the Maintenance/Show formula looks even better.  It's so pretty and smells great. 

Here's what I've noticed so far:
  • Rabbit's urine is clearer than with my regular feed. 
  • Less rabbit urine odor, which meant less flies for me to swat.
  • The rabbits really like it.  
 I have begun transitioning most of the herd to the Maintenance/Show feed as well.  Our super picky eater Satin Angora just scarfs it up.  Picky French Toast is now leaving the old feed in the feed dish. Everyone else likes it, too. Of course, we're still in the transition stage and plan to continue transitioning throughout the week. I'll be monitoring for all the usual things like loose stools and such. Of course, it's too early to tell just how things will work out for the herd. But, the feed looks so fresh and clean. That's promising.  I'll definitely be keeping tabs on how the herd does. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)