Friday, April 29, 2011

Green in Killeen

I went to the City of Killeen's Composting Class this week, mostly to receive the free composter.  I had originally signed up month's ago and was thrilled to receive my confirmation.  About 15 other residents and I sat through the 2 hour class focused on composting and "green" practices.  Expecting the dry lecture classes often become, I was pleasantly surprised by the information given by class instructor, Peter D.  Mr. D is the head of the Killeen's Recycling Center and is full of interesting information regarding composting and gardening.    I got great tips about everything from where in our area to get mulch to which tomato varieties grow best in our clay-bound, alkaline soil.  So at 8pm, I left the Avenue F facility with composter in hand and an unexpected surprise...master gardener, Bert Whitehead's book "___"(won in the door prize drawings).  I encourage everyone to attend this free class in Killeen.  Information is available on the City of Killeen website, under Residents/Recycling.  It was definitely worth the composter.  

1 comment:

  1. This was actually written much earlier, but I neglected to post :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)