Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Harvesting Hershey


Hershey in coat
Patiently waiting for me to finish...sort of.
I love her round body. 

Well, I've been holding off on removing Hershey girl's coat because we have a couple of shows that I really wanted her to make.  However, Hershey decided that her coat has had enough so it was time to clip her down. I usually take a couple of days to do it as she is super dense and my hands can only take the "clip, clip" of scissors for so long before they start crying.  She was super patient as I clipped her down.  I got the top of her today.  Tomorrow I'll take off her underside wool. It gave me a chance to be reminded about how wonderful a rabbit she is underneath all that wool.  AND, gave me new motivation to negotiate a deal with DH to breed her a wee bit earlier than I had originally planned....since she's already clipped down and all.  That would give me some nice convention babies....bwhahahahahah :)

By the way...Hershey produced 5.4 ounces of yummy fiber from her top side.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, she's a beauty underneath all that wonderful wool too. Do you have her wool earmarked for any fun knitting projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! I am saving for a Hershey scarf :) Are you coming to the Victoria show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A handspun, hand-knitted angora scarf - what a treat:) As long as the weather isn't too nasty in the morning, I'm planning on going. I don't want to have to drive in the dark and rain. It's late entry right? Do you know what time we have to be there to get registered? It will take me about 2 - 2 1/2 hours to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I can't find the info now on bunnyrabbit.com anymore (link is dead), but Texas Angora Blog had info about the Victoria show. I've heard it is always late entry, but this is my first time going. Show opens at 7am...judging starts at 9am. Hope the weather stays nice to all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, thanks. Hope you and your buns have safe travels there =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)