Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kits!....and I have papers to write.


Cimmerian x Little Sun: Kits of Distraction
Hi there, Little Sun! How've ya been these
last say...3 minutes?!
This week has been a hectic week.  All my papers/presentations are due and finals have begun.  Two months ago when I decided that a litter of EAs were in order, I knew that this week would be a bit of a collision.  Back then I felt like I would be firmly in control.  However, I failed to take into account the lure of kits in a nestbox.  Little Sun and Cimmerian's breeding brought two new kits into our little world.  Those pesky little beings occupy much of my thinking this week...what colors are they? what sex are they? are they still OK? I'd better go check...the list goes on.  My Google-ing expeditions have reached a fever pitch.  Of course, I am OK with that ever expanding "quest for knowledge", but what about those other quests that I am usually equally fascinated with...like learning PHP for my spring semester special project, honing my web developing skills with a now dusty edition of Flux, finishing those two research papers and one presentation?  How those once loved pet projects pale against the sweet chirp of baby bunnies!  I try to regain focus, but really...those other things do not have a chance.
Hmmm...maybe this was NOT such a good idea...
My ever wonderful DH decided he would help me regain focus by setting up Facetime on my Mac and his iPhone so I could keep an eye on Little Sun without getting up from my computer.  How wonderful! I wish I had taken a pic of her when she was at the front of the pen trying to reach my voice.  She was sooo cute!  HOWEVER, I am not sure it had his intended effect of more productivity.    

         THE SCORE:
     Bunnies 1, Schoolwork 0                                                                                
      GO BUNNIES!!
                                                                                   Now seriously, I've got to go write those papers...

                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Funny post! I know what you mean. I have a research paper to write and finals next week and I am having a hard time getting motivated. I can imagine that sweet little kits would be quite a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You're so right about that motivation stuff. I can't WAIT for next week to be over either! *running off to check on the bunnies again*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)